Thursday, April 26, 2012

Linux 12.04 LTS adventure tonight: Ubuntu, Xubuntu & Kubuntu

Tonight I am trying out Ubuntu, Xubuntu and Kubuntu 12.04 LTS on my desktop. These are the beta2 versions. I am narrowing down on what distro to install in my HP 2003 era desktop with 1 GB DDR RAM and 2.4 Ghz Pentium 4 processor. It still has enough life to pull off the modern linux OSs.

Already, as mentioned in my previous blog post, I have installed Xubuntu 12.04 LTS in my Asus Eee PC 1101HA and it works like a charm there. Possibly I won't install Xubuntu again in my desktop, just for variety. But if Ubuntu Precise is too much for it I'll install Xubuntu. I am not considering Lubuntu as I feel it is kind of a stripped down version and perhaps I need more from the OS I install.

Wait for my review with splendid screenshots from each distro. The two 4 GB Sony pendrives which I bought recently from Flipkart will come handy tonight :).

No comments:

Post a Comment